Friday, April 24, 2009

It's Here!

My last day is here! And technically gone since it's 6pm. This week went by so fast and I was completely expecting it to go by slowly. I think it helped that we had something almost every night. Sunday we finally moved out the big couch and the huge entertainment center. We couldn't sell it, so we're storing it with the couch in the basement. As long as we put it up on pallets, they should be okay. We did some switching around in the living room. I'm really loving it. It feels much more open and I have a few ideas of what I would like to do to make it more "us." I will have to post some before & in progress pics. Cause let's be honest, I don't think a room can really ever be completely done. Monday night we had prayer at church, Tuesday night I had a lot of chores, Wednesday night was church, Thursday night we went to Town Hall for Hope-Dave Ramsey, and tonight we're doing our grocery shopping.
So today was really awkward. Well, Dwight-the woman I worked with that makes me think of Dwight from the office was so closed off. She's usually friendly at the least, but she just didn't talk or laugh and waited to eat the catered meal we had today in honor of Administrative Assistants Day by herself. It just makes me sad the last few days we had together weren't the best. Really all week, she's been making comments that made me feel bad for quitting. Now I know, I shouldn't let her comments get to me like that, but I am somewhat a people-pleaser and I just can't help but care. Anyway, so many other conversations took place that just really bothered me today and I think it's only because people don't understand the full situation. Which really isn't their place to know! I just feel like my reason for quitting isn't enough for these people and it's just silly I feel that way. I know why I've made this decision and it's not like I'm quitting to live on welfare! My husband has a job and we are financially able to take this step right now. Can't people take the fact that I've only ever been super responsible into consideration when they respond to this? Arg... so there's my vent. I've decided to just not care what they think. That's how I got where I'm at in the first place! Caring about what other people need, think, want, etc... had me forgetting about myself. I've got to take care of myself, Dang it! So I am.
Anyway, tomorrow is my future sister's-in-law wedding shower and I'm giving Claire a hair cut. Woo hoo. Today's weather has been so beautiful and I think I'm going to go out and enjoy it. ;o)

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Goog for you girl! I know what you mean about people pleasing- but I am pretty sure the Dwight woman is just pulling away because she doesn't want you to go. But- its your life to live. you have to do what makes you happy. I hope this brings you happiness. (I know I am enjoying my time mostly at home right now.