Monday, February 2, 2009

The Weekend...

Was somewhat eventful. Friday night we went to my parent's house and had sour-kraut & pork w/mashed potatoes. Sounds dreadful, doesn't it? It wasn't. It was divine! I love my mom's cooking. Then we watched a bit of tv and just visited each other. Btw, Phillip only had the mashed potatos.

Saturday we had to go to a memorial service for a family friend. It suprisingly was a very enjoyable time. It was more of a celebration of his life rather than a gloomy sop fest. That sounds terrible, but I think you catch my drift. He had lived out his life, he was in his 80's... It's sad that he's gone, but he had been ill for almost a decade.

Oh yeah... that morning we found a bird in our basement! A BIRD! It left something nice on our washer and I guess while flying around knocked a few things down. We couldn't get it out so we left it there. When we got back that night I tried to make it fly up the stairs and outside. I was running around the basement with a broom trying to guide this silly bird up the stairs... I'm sure it looked hilarious. Anyway, the bird never flew up the stairs. We aren't actually sure where it's at? Phil walks around bent over expecting it to come attack him when he's doing laundry. There wasn't a way for the bird to get in, the doors are never left open since it's winter and the windows in the basement are all sealed shut. We have a chimney but it's for a coal stove that was removed and the chimney is bricked up now. So... I guess we'll just have to see if it shows up or if we start to smell something (Eeeewwww!). I mean it can only last so long without food, right? I feel bad for the bird, I'm sure it was just trying to get out of the cold. Anyway... I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Nothing else to really talk about. We're just going about life as usual.

~Toodles!

No comments: