Monday, December 22, 2008

This weekend was a blur. Friday we had our work luncheon. It was very nice! They of course had great catering & even more wonderful desserts! Huge cupcakes stacked on a wonderful 3 tiered dish stand. They had a drawing at the end of the luncheon for the stand and I WON! I was so excited! It will be lovely for when we are able to have dinner guests someday.
After that I went home to a clean home! My husband, even though it was his birthday, cleaned the house. He's such a doll. So all I had to do was get a few things ready for our party that night-our 2nd annual Sibling Christmas party. It was a lot of fun and I got a gift card to Hobby Lobby. I was surprised that my brother-in-law knew me so well! Hehe...
Saturday was our craft sale. It didn't go as well as I had planned and I guess "dreamed" it would. We held it at our church in the foyer. Thankfully there was practice for the Christmas program for the kids that day. As their parents dropped them off and picked them up they browsed around and a few of them bought a few things! Most everyone just bought food that my mom had made. I don't blame them, she's an incredible baker/cook. I sold like 2 or 3 aprons and 1 of the stars I had made. So we kind of learned our lesson. Don't have a craft sale so late in the season & advertise much more! I think we might try to have it at another location too. It just seems every time I've had a party at the church, I haven't had a very good turn-out.
Yesterday we celebrated Phil's birthday with his family. Then we went shopping. We tried to find a bark collar for Claire. She never shuts up! Oh my goodness! "Yip, yip, yip!" That's all she does. They are very expensive and I'm still unsure as to whether I want her zapped every time she barks. Knowing her though it won't faze her and we'll have spent $130 on a collar. So... we're going to wait. I'm not sure if I'd rather go through 13 weeks of puppy lessons for about $100 w/o a guarantee that she'll learn anything OR spend that much money w/in a much quicker time period but with just the same lack of a guarantee that she'll stop barking. Oh... I hate these kinds of decisions. I love my fur-baby! I just wish she wouldn't bark at us. She was getting better just a few weeks ago and now it's started up again. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can do about her barking?
Hope you all are almost ready for Christmas!

No comments: