Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wow!

I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged. Well, I guess I can. I've never been a consistent blogger. Haha!
The last two months have been a whirlwind:
We made it out to Pennsylvania for Thanksgiving. It was such a wonderful visit! Oh, how I love family!!! I pray often that we could be closer. But perhaps our once a year visits are what makes us cherish each other all the more.
In early December, Mom was admitted into the hospital. She has neuropathy and has little feeling in her feet. The Dr's. said she stepped on something "organic" and is caused infection in her foot. The item disintegrated and caused staff infections, blood poisoning, and she had skin from the top and bottom of her foot removed. They had placed her on some medications that then caused kidney failure. She had pneumonia, bronchitis, and some other complications. It was CRAZY! They thought she had cancer and then said she had another disease. Over all... She was uplifted by so MANY in prayer and was healed!! She was in the hospital for 21 days. She is still wearing a wound vac on her foot and is on some medications to aid in it's healing, but she's doing wonderful! All Glory has to go to God for His healing touch on her body. And let me tell you, what can bring a family together more than when one of them is very ill. What the Devil meant for bad, God has made Great!
So Christmas wasn't really celebrated since my mom was in the hospital during all of the Christmas season. It was very strange. We celebrated with Phillip's family the Monday before Christmas. We went to Maggiano's! Never go there if you're trying to diet. Oh my word... just thinking about it makes me feel full.
So... like I said, things have been a whirlwind. Phil is back in the swing of things with school and I'm getting things organized around the house. Planning on starting things up again with my photography business here soon as well.
I haven't made any New Year's Resolutions. Ugh... that was the last thing on my mind while Mom was in the hospital. And now I feel like it's too late. Maybe I'll work on monthly goals... starting in February. Haha!!
Well, that's about all for now. Just hanging in there, waiting impatiently for Spring. I'm so ready.
Tootles! :0)

No comments: