Sunday, July 5, 2009

Busy

We have been so busy lately! We haven't had much time to just rest. Two weekends ago Phil's brother got married. So then that week I was busy with editing photos from a photo session the week before and from the wedding along with the usual in and outs of life. Last weekend, Phil and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary. We painted pottery and went shopping, went out to dinner... It was so wonderful.
On Sunday we were busy helping with an outreach our church does. We do a fireworks show for our town each year (We've only done it 3 years so far) and so we of course volunteered. It went really well and we had about 9 - 10,000 people on the grounds.
After such a long day on Sunday, we were of course so tired. Waking up on Monday was terrible however because we both realized what terrible shape our mattress was in. So we decided it was time to get a new bed frame and mattress. We have been saving up for about a year to such, we were just waiting for a good sale on mattresses. So Tuesday we ordered the materials we were going to need. Wednesday my father brought all his tools over and supervised me while I cut all of the wood to length. He sanded them for me and then I began the staining process. I really enjoyed staining the bed frame and I have plans to stain a few other pieces in our home. Thursday we went shopping and found ourselves a new mattress. We built the frame Friday and the mattress was delivered. I have slept SO much better the past two nights!! It is incredible how a good mattress and solid foundation makes such a difference! I might just post about how we made the bed frame. It only cost us about $150 for all the wood, stain, screws, etc... We built a King size frame and that baby isn't going nowhere soon. We could probably use it for the rest of our lives. Haha!
We had a fantastic Fourth of July. We spent it with Phillip's side of the family. We played some card games, put together a puzzle, and also celebrated my new sister's-in-law birthday. We then went to the St. Louis Fireworks. Wow! They were just beautiful. They went off right behind the Arch and it was totally magical. I know that sounds silly, but it really was. It started to drizzle just as we were walking back to the car. Perfection.
Even though we've been so busy, I have loved it. We have spent so much time with family and friends and helping others. I guess I just haven't felt so alive in such a long time. Is that terrible? Oh well. Part of me thinks that this medicine I'm taking is helping me return to myself a little bit more or maybe it's not the medicine? Maybe I'm just growing, maturing? I don't know. I'm just thankful for the life that God has given me. I really need to remember to count my blessings!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! Glad you're feeling better :) Can't wait to see you!