Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's November!!

I love November! It's my birthday month and I share it with my Mom! The leaves have finally changed. The weather gets cool enough to wear sweaters. Thanksgiving! Family! Preparing for Christmas! Warm colors and perfect nights for a fireplace. Too bad we don't have one. ;o)
I made some sugar cookies on Thursday for work the next day. They turned out okay, they were pumpkins and leaves. I made orange, yellow, and brown icing to cover them. They tasted great, didn't look super but they were consumed so quickly it didn't matter! Hehe... The recipe was from allrecipes.com.
We handed out candy Thursday and Friday night. We didn't really get that many trick or treater's. I was kind of surprised because we live on a really busy street. Oh well. It was still fun. We had some friends come over with their little boy. He was dressed as an adorable scarecrow! He kept giving his sucker to our dog, Claire. It was too much. ;o) Today we just cleaned, made our weekly grocery run, and watched a movie. A very relaxing and wonderful day!
Tomorrow we're going to have family pictures taken. Of course it's just Phil, Claire, and myself. So it's really considered couple pictures. I'm really excited though. A girl at work is taking them. She has a photography business on the side Moondance Photography. I think she is really great. I will have to post some of the photos when we get them back.
I have a few things in mind to post later this week as well. I still haven't gotten the hang of "blogging" yet. I'd love to blog everyday. But honestly, I don't find my life so exciting that I have to blog about everything... hehe. I do LOVE reading everyone else's blogs. I get so much inspiration from them! Anyway... I'll keep on postin' as I can!

No comments: