Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It's late...

and I'm almost wide awake. I've learned a few things the past couple of days. (1. I need to remember to trust in God no matter the situation! (2. I will never grow out of being the big, bossy sister. I haven't yet, at least. (3. Never buy the frozen lemonade concentrate again. I always get indigestion after I drink it.

I have also learned that I have high prolactin levels. I did my research on WebMD and I'm still not sure what it means though. As I've mentioned before I've had some health issues. I finally found a good gynecologist! She is so nice, so helpful, and she's finally finding out what's wrong with me. I had to do one of those fasting glucose tests on Thursday. Wow, I didn't realize they were going to take my blood three times! It was very painful. Anyway, most of the results are back. The nurse called yesterday and told me my thyroid is good, my glucose levels were good, but my prolactin levels were somewhat high. I think Prolactin is a hormone that is associated with the pituitary gland. Supposedly the prolactin levels rise in women who are pregnant, breast feeding, on certain types of medications, or if you have a tumor on the pituitary gland. I'm not pregnant, not breast feeding, and I'm not taking any meds. So naturally I want to freak out and think that I have a tumor on my pituitary gland. I have the tendency to overreact a bit. Anyway, I'm getting an MRI tomorrow afternoon. Please pray for me! I don't want to have a tumor of any sort ever, but also I would love to find out what, how, and why all of this stuff is happening to me.

In other news, I'm getting a new camera! Yippee! We had been thinking and praying for a long time, because to get a digital slr camera is not like buying new shoes. You have to take your time with the decision. I'm planning on practicing with a few family members and then I'm going to start taking photo sessions! I already have 4 inquiries for Senior Pictures and Family Portraits. It's very exciting. If anyone who may be reading this and is in the St. Louis area would like for a newbie to take your pics, just email me! I'm trying to build a portfolio right now, so the sitting fees will be very cheap.

Well, I better get some rest so that I can get up in time for my MRI tomorrow (Today at noon.)

Have a blessed day!

Toodles!

No comments: