Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dear Emma

Dear Emma,
You are 1 month old today. I can't believe how fast this month has passed. So much has taken place in your life. You obviously started this month by being born! You grew an inch in one week's time and gained back all the weight you had lost initially plus some. At your one month check-up you were 9lbs 9.5 oz. and 21 3/4 in. long. The Dr. said you are doing just what you are supposed to!
You had your first outing to Roma's, which will be a staple food choice for you as you grow up. You went on your first girl's night out as well when we went shopping for bridesmaid dresses for Uncle Matt & Aunt Jenny's wedding coming up in December. We also have had two late night Walmart runs this month.
You were holding your head up on your own in your second week of life! Everyone is amazed at how strong you are. They also can't get over your hair. I'm pretty proud of course since I'm sure it's one of the traits you inherited from me. Most people think that you look like your Daddy, and a few think that you look like me. Both your Daddy and I think you are a great mixture of the both of us. I'm not sure if you've technically had your first smile yet or not? You are a very gassy baby and tend to "smile" most when you are being "gassy."
Claire, our dog is still not sure about you. When you cry she runs away and is still afraid to be close to you at all. I'm positive that you will eventually become very good buddies and will play together all the time. I think she still has to realize that you are a human. ;o)
This next month will be a very busy one for us! You're being dedicated on 10-10-10! Which is also the celebration of 20 years for Grandpa & Grandma Schneider of ministry. We're going to the apple orchard and pumpkin farms as well! I'm sure that you will grow so much and change and more of your little personality will be coming out.
Right now all I can do is just stare at you. You are so precious!! You make some of the funniest faces! I do believe you will be a little ham and enjoy attention very much. I've noticed the difference in some of your cries. I know the one for when you want to eat which is very serious and sometimes sounds like a goat. The one for being held sounds like your typical baby cry. But then you have this one cry that is so dramatic. You really play it up and I know that you are being my little drama queen. I can't blame you... I know that I've always been dramatic myself. ;o) You love stretching and throwing your little arms up above your head and raise your eyebrows as high as you can. It's too cute.
Oh, Emma! I could write on and on about you. You have been such a blessing to your Daddy and myself. We prayed for you for so long and now you are here!! It's so surreal. We are so thankful for you!!!
I love you, Emma Rae!

No comments: