Monday, September 29, 2008

Freestyle Apple Tart

Okay, I know this may not look entirely appealing. I forgot to put the foil on it to cover it for the last 5 minutes so it kind of dried the apples out a bit. They were still good though. Also... I think I would change the recipe just a little by adding a bit of sugar to the cream cheese and mixing it in before spreading it on the crust. Here is the full recipe:

Kraft Foods Freestyle Apple Tart

1 Ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust (1/2 of a 15oz. pkg.)

4 oz. (1/2 of 8 0z. pkg.) of cream cheese, softened

Red and/or green apples (1 1/4 lb.) thinly sliced

1/4 c. sugar

2 T. Flour

1 tsp. cinnamon sugar

1 c. thawed cool whip topping

Heat oven to 450* F. Line 9 in. pie plate with crust (I used some spray cooking oil on the pan first.). Carefully spread cream cheese in a 6 in. circle in the center.

Toss the apples with the sugar and flour; spoon over cream cheese.

Fold the crust partially over the apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 20 minutes, covering loosely w/foil and baking another 5 minutes. Cool.

Serve w/whipped topping. (I didn't do this, it was fine w/o.) Refrigerate leftovers.

Enjoy!

No comments: